These hand controls set the standard for maximum leg room, safety and style.
Veigel’s hand controls meet the highest standards required from the automotive industry and they are certified to provide true OEM quality and performance.
Tested to SAE J1903 standards for hand controls.
The Veigel Detroit Electronic is available in Push Pull, Push Right Angle and Push Rock configurations. Braking remains mechanical, but acceleration is now fully electronic. Eliminating the gas rod means there is no longer any obstruction for the right knee or leg. The thin profile allows the control to be installed closer to the steering column for increased legroom. A stylish plastic trim cover helps integrate the adaptive device into the vehicles interior and provides an increased level of safety by protecting knees and legs from exposed parts. To increase safety and reduce the risk of an untrained driver using the hand control, we added a button switch to turn the control on. Simply start the vehicle, and press the button three times. An indicator light shows the control is active. Once the light is solid, the hand control is engaged, and the factory foot pedal is non-operational. Turning off the vehicle automatically restores the accelerator control back to the factory foot pedal. By always defaulting to the factory pedal, we are preventing use by untrained or unintended drivers like valet’s, service technicians, and others.
All Veigel hand controls exceed SAE J1903 testing standards
- Acceleration is 100% electronic
- More knee and leg room
- Low profile design
- Stylish trim cover for better integration into vehicles interior
- Unique button switch activates system – renders OEM pedal non-functional
- Automatically reverts to factory OEM pedal when vehicle is turned off
- Pre-programmed accelerator sensor
- Pedal adapter harness specific to each vehicle
- Military grade accelerator sensor – unaffected by heat, cold or humidity
- Tested to SAE J1903 standards